Apple recently launched the newest update for iOS 11. In iOS 11.2 there are significant changes compared to previous versions of iOS 11.
The most significant novelty is intrusion Apple Pay Cash, the option that will allow it sending and receiving money through messages (imessages). About this service I mentioned in a previous article, in which I was "anticipating" the introduction Apple Pay Cash with the release of iOS 11.2. Unfortunately, this service is only available in the US and only to banks that like Apple Pay. In the near future, Apple will expand Apple Pay Cash to other countries where Apple Pay accepts.
There should be no reason to be upset or not to do this update if your Apple Pay is not available in your country. In addition to this novelty, iOS 11.2 also brings a great deal of bug fixes and performance hits for compatible devices. iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
For owners iPhone 8, 8 iPhone Plus si iPhone X added fast charging support from 5W at 7.5W. Moreover, for the iPhone X three new ones are introduced Live wallpapers.
Other improvements and fixes
- Adds support for faster wireless charges on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X with compatible third party accessories
- Introduces three new Live Wallpapers for iPhone X
- Improves video camera stabilization
- Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sport as a data type
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete
- Fixes an issue that could cause Cleared Mail Notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear
- Improves stability in Calendar
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping from Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes would not display a map
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message
- Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers could quickly lead to incorrect results
- Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store, and Music
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming notifications
The update is available to all iPhone 5s owners (or newer models), iPad Air (or newer), and iPad touch (via 6 generation) via iTunes or Settings → General → Software Update.Download & Update iOS 11.2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch