Apple today launched the newest device produced by the company. first the intelligent box, HomePod is momentary available for preorder on Apple's official website, but immediately after February 09 2018 this will be available in stores as well.
Before we marvel at the prices at which HomePod will be sold on offline stores and showrooms, let's see some features.
HomePod has a cylindrical design and will be available in two color variants: White and Black (Space Gray & White). high by 6.8 inch (172 mm) and with a diameter (width) of 5.6 inch (142 mm), HomePod will weigh not less than 2.5 Kg. A fairly rigid wireless speaker could tell, whose enclosure promises superior sound quality.
Audio Technology HomePod
- High-excursion woofer with personalized amplification
- seven tweeters, each with a customized amplifier
- un set of 6 microphones with which Siri will "hear" you better
- un internal low-frequency microphone (low-frequency) for automatic bass correction
- dynamic processing transparency studio-level.
Audio formats supported by HomePod
- HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected files AAC (on iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV FLAC.
HomePod is provided at the top with a touch surface, through which the user will be able to change the volume, pause, skip or "ask" Siri.
HomePod box connectivity
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi with
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Direct command of the user via the touch surface.
HomePod box compatibility
- iPhone 5s and all newer models
- iPad mini 2 and all newer generations
- iPod touch (6th generation)
iOS 11.2.5 or more recently, is mandatory.
Though it might seem like it portable speaker, given Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, HomePod uses the 100V direct power supply to 240V. It has no battery / battery.
Nothing is said about power in watts or other details about the sound, but is sure to have a quality above average.
The starting price is 349 $ plus local taxes and store addition. My staying in the European Union the price for HomePod will be around the amount of 550 – 600 EUR.
eMAG, QuickMobile and other online stores in Romaniawill probably go up to 3.000 - 3.500 lei for HomePod.