Apple recently released the new versions of the iOS 12.1.1, macOS 10.14.2, TvOS 12.1.1 si HomePod 12.1.1. Virtually almost all of Apple's devices have received updates.
For most users, the new versions of iOS and macOS do not bring noticeable significant changes, but it's not an update to ignore on iPhone, Mac, Apple TV, and HomePod. Each of these devices has received something new with the new version of the operating system.
News brought by iOS 12.1.1 on iPad and iPhone
- iPhone XR now supports Haptic Touch to preview notifications on the lock screen.
If you have an iPhone XR and you want to see the notifications in the messages, mail, etc. all you have to do is press and hold on the notification received.
- Support dual SIM cu eSIM for many mobile operators. Specify that this is a feature of a iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max si iPhone XR.
- Added button fast buying of the front and rear (main) cameras during FaceTime calls.
- Capture Live Photo during a "one-to-one" call FaceTime. This is not possible if there are more than two participants on the FaceTime conversation.
- Hide Sidebar option in News iPad app.
- Fix bugs and improve security on your iPhone and iPad.
- Real-Time Text (TT) / TTY has been added for Wi-Fi Calling.
This latest update in our list is a feature introduced by Apple for some time, but is currently only available to some operators. With iOS 12.1.1, the ability to retrieve a voice call and by RTT / TTY. The condition is to have Wi-Fi Calling enabled. About What is Wi-Fi Calling? and what he uses, you find yourself in This article.
What is RTT (Real-Time Text) / TTY (TeleTYpewriter)
RTT is a feature especially used by people with speech problems or hearing impairment. Through RTT the user can carry a text conversation while being called. In particular, the caller will be able to speak normally, and the caller will answer by text message in real time. Practically, via RTT, the recipient will be able to see the message while it's written before it is sent to him.
At this time, this service is only available to certain US mobile phone providers. Verizon being the first to implement this service.
How to enable RTT / TTY on iPhone and iPad
If you have an iPhone 5 or a newer model, see the following RTT activation steps:
- Go to Home screen in: Settings > General > Accessibility
- Click on RTT / TTY under "Hearing".
- Pe RTT / TTY Software activate the option. Allows you to make and receive RRT / TTY phone calls.
- Press Send Immediately to turn it on (green)
In the case of people with hearing and / or speech deficiency, it is necessary permanent activation of RTT / TTY for incoming voice calls. Activate this option from "Accessibility"→ Turn On for"RTT / TTY Software"→ activate"Answer All Calls as TTY"Then press"Answer All Calls as TTY" For confirmation. From now on all voice calls will be answered with RTT / TTY.
With the release of macOS 10.14.2, RTT can also be enabled on Mac / MacBook. The condition is that Wi-Fi Calling is activated on the iPhone. Then we go to System Preferences → Accessibility and under "Hearing" we activate and configure RTT.RTT (Real-Time Text) / TTY in Wi-Fi Calling and other news on iOS 12.1.1 and MacOS 10.14.2 [iPhone / Mac Update]