Apple recently released the new final versions of iOS 12.1.1, macOS 10.14.2, TvOS 12.1.1 si HomePod 12.1.1. Virtually the entire range of devices a Apple received updates.
For most users, the new versions of iOS si macOS they do not bring significant visible changes, but it is not an update to ignore on the iPhone, Mac, Apple TV si HomePod. Each of these devices received something new with the new version of the operating system.
News brought by iOS 12.1.1 on iPad and iPhone
- iPhone XR now supports Haptic Touch to preview notifications on lock screen.
If you have a iPhone XR and you want to see in detail the notifications from messages, mail, etc., all you have to do is press and hold on the received notification.
- Support Dual SIM cu eSIM for many mobile operators. Specify that this is a feature of a iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max si iPhone XR.
- Added button fast buying of the front and rear (main) cameras during calls on FaceTime.
- Capture Live Photo during a "one-to-one" call FaceTime. This is not possible if there are more than two participants in the conversation FaceTime.
- Option to hide the sidebar in the News application on the iPad.
- Fixed bugs and improved security on iPhone and iPad.
- Real-Time Text (TT) / TTY has been added for Wi-Fi Calling.
This latest update from our list is a feature introduced by Apple for some time, but it is currently only available to a few operators. With iOS 12.1.1 the possibility of taking over a voice call and by RTT / TTY. The condition is to have Wi-Fi Calling enabled. About What is Wi-Fi Calling? and what he uses, you find yourself in This article.
What is RTT (Real-Time Text) / TTY (TeleTYpewriter)
RTT is a feature especially used by people with speech problems or hearing impairment. Through RTT the user can carry a text conversation while being called. In particular, the caller will be able to speak normally, and the caller will answer by text message in real time. Practically, via RTT, the recipient will be able to see the message while it's written before it is sent to him.
At this time, this service is only available to certain US mobile phone providers. Verizon being the first to implement this service.
How to enable RTT / TTY on iPhone and iPad
If you have a iPhone 5 or newer model, see the following steps for activating RTT:
- Go from Home screen in: Settings > General > Accessibility
- Click on RTT / TTY under "Hearing".
- Pe RTT / TTY Software activate the option. Allows you to make and receive RRT / TTY phone calls.
- Press Send Immediately to turn it on (green)
In the case of people with hearing and / or speech deficiency, it is necessary permanent activation of RTT / TTY for incoming voice calls. Activate this option from "Accessibility"→ Turn On for"RTT / TTY Software"→ activate"Answer All Calls as TTY"Then press"Answer All Calls as TTY" For confirmation. From now on all voice calls will be answered with RTT / TTY.
With the launch macOS 10.14.2, RTT can also be activated on Mac / MacBook. The condition is that Wi-Fi Calling is activated on the iPhone. Then we go in System Preferences → Accessibility and under "Hearing" we activate and configure RTT.