In the latest update for iTunes, Apple has brought some major changes that directly affect iPhone, iPad and iPod touch owners.
The most notable is App Store withdrawal from iTunes. That means all iOS apps and games that have been downloaded on Poppy or Windows PC, will be available only from iOS App Store. From here they can be redownloaded and installed directly on mobile devices.
Also ringtones purchased were also withdrawn from iTunes Store. These will be able to be reloaded all in iOS 11. The change does not affect the personalized ring tones you've uploaded from iTunes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The "Tones" section is still available in iTunes.
The new iTunes focuses on music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and audiobooks. Apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are now available exclusively in the new App Store for iOS. And the new App Store makes it easy to get, update, and redownload apps-all without a Mac or PC.
Therefore, iTunes will remain more focused on media content. Music System, movie, TV Shows si audio books. Next, media backup and sync options will remain available between iTunes and mobile devices.
- Apps: Looking for your past iOS app downloads? Redownload apps and games on your iOS device.
- iTunes U: Collections of iTunes U content appears in the Podcasts section of iTunes.
- Internet Radio: Your Internet Radio stations appear in your music library's sidebar. Click Edit in the sidebar to show or hide Internet Radio.
- Ringtones: iOS 11 supports redownloading ringtones directly to your iOS device without the need to use iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Books on Windows: Books on iTunes for Windows are managed in iBooks for iOS.
These changes appear in iTunes 12.7 and affects both Windows and MacOS users.Where did Ringtones, iOS Applications, and iOS Games disappear?