In the most recent update for iTunes, Apple brought some major changes, which directly affect the owners of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The most notable is retreat App Store from iTunes. This means that all applications and games for iOS which were downloaded on Mac or Windows PC, will be available only from iOS App Store. From here they can be redownloaded and installed directly on mobile devices.
Also ringtones purchased were also withdrawn from iTunes Store. These will be able to be reloaded all in iOS 11. The change does not affect the custom ringtones you have uploaded from iTunes on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The "Tones" section is still available in iTunes.
The new iTunes focusit's on music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and audiobooks. Apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are now exclusively available in the new App Store for iOS. And the new App Store makes it easy to get, update, and redownload apps—All without a Mac or PC.
So iTunes will remain focused more on media content. Music System, movie, TV Shows si audio books. In the future, the backup and media synchronization options will remain available, in between iTunes and mobile devices.
- Apps: Looking for your past iOS app downloads? Redownload apps and games on your iOS device.
- iTunes U: Collections of iTunes U content appear in the Podcasts section of iTunes.
- Internet Radio: Your Internet Radio stations appear in your music library's sidebar. Click Edit in the sidebar to show or hide Internet Radio.
- Ringtones: iOS 11 supports redownloading ringtones directly to your iOS device, without the need to use iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Books on Windows: Books on iTunes for Windows is managed in iBooks for iOS.
These changes appear in iTunes 12.7 and affects both users of Windows as well as by macOS.