Apple brings radical changes on Mac / MacBook once the final version of this release was released this fall macOS Mojave.
One of the most important and incomprehensible changes for many users is the change "software Update"From"App Store"In the panel"System Preferences".
This is not an absolute novelty. In the past, Apple had "Software Update" in "System Preferences" until Mac OS X Lion.
With the redesign of a App Store, the update system returns to "System Preferences", where many users see its natural place.
Even if the method of receiving updates has changed, the new App Store will allow users to still download operating system installation images. macOS / OS X. This way you can put the installation image of macOS on an external storage space or you can create a Bootable USB stick.
Returning to the new "Software Update" from macOS Mojave, it offers users a number of options to control automatic updates under the "Advanced" button:
- Check for updates - automatically check for updates
- Download new updates when available - automatically download new updates when available
- install macOS updates - activating this option involves entering the user password on the system
- Install app updates from the App Store - install updates of the applications present in the App Store
- Install system data files and security updates - allows automatic installation of system data and security updates.
In addition to automatic updates, users can check at any time by simply accessing "software Update".
Next, users can see and update the applications in the App Store, Updates section.macOS Mojave brings Software Update back into System Preferences