Initially announced for September 30, the amount of bugs and errors in iOS 13, determined Apple to launch iOS 13.1 six days earlier.
Only a few hours after launch the final version of iOS 13, many owners of iPhone they complained on forums and social networks about a series of functioning problems. Both of the applications and of the operating system itself and the UI.
Application errors "MailWhich prevented downloading the content of messages in the background, duplicate notifications, missing subject and recipient fields, difficulties in selecting and flagging messages, are just some of the solutions brought by iOS 13.1.
Beside Mail application the applications were also targeted: Reminder (users could not share lists in iCloud), Notes (search results were not displayed and synchronization with other devices was not always done - tested by us), Calendar (birthdays were duplicated or multiple times), Room, iCloud, Lock Screen.
Other improvements have been made to the owners of the new models iPhone. iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro si iPhone 11 Pro Max. AirDrop with technology Ultra Wideband is now functional on these devices, suggestions of automation in the application Shortcuts, the possibility to select with whom to connect AirDrop (iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max or other device with the new U1 chip with Ultra Wideband).
iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 Update
* Ability to select who you want to AirDrop to by pointing from one iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, or iPhone 11 Pro Max to another using the new U1 chip with Ultra Wideband technology for spatial awareness
* Suggested automations in the Gallery customized to your daily routine
* Personal and home automations for automatically running shortcuts based on triggers
* Home app support for shortcuts as advanced actions in the Automation tab
* Share ETA to send your estimated arrival time while your route is in progress
* Optimized battery charging to slow the rate of battery aging by reducing your time iPhone spends fully charged
* Performance management feature for iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max to prevent the device from unexpectedly shutting down, including the option to disable this feature if an unexpected shutdown occurs
* Notifications for when Battery Health is unable to verify if a new, genuine Apple battery is in iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and later
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:
* Adds a link to the Me tab in Find My to allow a guest to sign in and locate a missing device
* Includes notifications for when the display on your iPhone is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple display in iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max
* Addresses issues in Mail that could cause incorrect download counts, missing senders and subjects, difficulty selecting or flagging threads, duplicate notifications or overlapping fields
* Fixes an issue in Mail that may prevent background downloading of email messages
* Addresses an issue that could prevent Memoji from correctly tracking facial expressions in Messages
* Fixes an issue where photos might not display in the Messages details view
* Fixes an issue in Reminders that prevented some users from sharing iCloud lists
* Resolves an issue in Notes where Exchange notes may not show up in search results
* Addresses an issue in Calendar where birthday events could appear multiple times
* Addresses an issue that could prevent third-party sign-in screens from appearing in the Files app
* Fixes an issue that could cause Camera orientation to appear rotated when swiping to it from the Lock screen
* Addresses an issue that could cause the display to sleep while interacting with the Lock screen
* Resolves issues where app icons might appear as blank or as a different app on the Home screen
* Resolves an issue that could prevent supported wallpapers from switching appearances when switching between Light and Dark modes
* Addresses stability issues when signing out of iCloud from Passwords & Accounts in Settings
* Fixes an issue where signing in to update Apple ID settings could fail repeatedly
* Fixes an issue that could prevent the device from vibrating when connecting to a charger
* Addresses an issue that could cause people and groups in the Share Sheet to appear blurred
* Fixes an issue that could prevent alternate words from displaying when tapping on a misspelled word
* Resolves an issue where multilingual typing could stop working
* Addresses an issue that could prevent switching back to the QuickType keyboard after using a third-party keyboard
* Fixes an issue that could prevent the edit menu from appearing when selecting text
* Fixes an issue where Siri may not read Messages in CarPlay
* Addresses an issue that could prevent sending a message using third party messaging apps in CarPlay
iOS 13.1 can be installed on all devices iPhone, starting with iPhone 6s or newer model, again iPadOS 13.1 is compatible iPad Air 2 or newer ones, iPad 4 mini or newer models.
The update can be done from "Settings”→“ General ”→“ Software Update ”. Minimum 50% battery (or connected to a charging source) and Wi-Fi connection.