Apple brings radical changes on Mac / MacBook once the final version of this release was released this fall macOS Mojave. The update system was not forgotten either. macOS Mojave Software Update return to System Preferences.
One of the most important and incomprehensible changes for many users is the change "Software Update"From"App Store"In the panel"System Preferences".
This is not an absolute novelty. In the past, Apple has had "Software Update"In"System Preferences" up to Mac OS X Lion.
With the redesign of a App Store, the system of update returns in "System Preferences", Where many users see its natural place.
Even if the method of receiving updates has changed, the new one App Store will allow users to further download operating system installation images macOS / OS X. This way you can put the installation image of macOS on an external storage space or you can create a USB stick bootable.
Returning to the new “Software Update"In macOS Mojave, it offers users a number of options to control automatic updates under the "Advanced" button:
- Check for updates - automatically check for updates
- Download new updates when available - automatically download new updates if available
- install macOS updates - activating this option involves entering the user password on the system
- Install app updates from the App Store - install updates of the applications present in App Store
- Install system data files and security updates - allows automatic installation of system data and security updates.
Beside updatethe automatic ones, users can check at any time through simpay access to "Software Update".
Users can still view and update applications from App Store, the section Updates.